Job Title: Worship Leader
Reports to: Head Pastor
Position Description: The primary responsibility of the part-time contract worship leader will be to lead and grow the music worship ministry at New Life Church. This position is needs to be able to lead worship, plan worship and collaborate with the Head Pastor as well as others on the worship team.
- Continue to grow and mature as a godly person of integrity in your personal and professional life. Pursue being a Christ follower so that he/she can model and mentor those around him/her.
- Provide leadership, vision, and passion for Sunday worship that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of New Life Church.
- Proficiency to lead worship both vocally and with a guitar and/or keyboard.
- Coordinate with the Head Pastor to create three Sunday worship services each month.
- Prepare and lead rehearsals as well as schedule musicians for upcoming services
- Prepare slides with music for congregation to follow along
- Plan for extra services each year including but not limited to:
- Live Nativity
- Ash Wednesday
- Good Friday
- Meet one hour weekly with Head Pastor to plan upcoming Worship services
- Maintain church music and current song lists
- Order all music and introduce to musicians
- Transpose music into suitable singing keys and type out words for singers
- Plan and lead youth led worship services
- Assist with children’s music during Sunday School
- If available, attend council meetings and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Pastor and/or council.
- Attending various conferences on worship with fellow musicians (if available)
- Prepare for and lead adult and youth choirs for special services (if needed)
- Organize outside musicians to come in for special music (if needed)
- It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take approximately 5 to 10 hours per week.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- Must demonstrate excellent vocal skills and be able to coach other musicians
- Must demonstrate excellent instrumental skills (guitar or piano preferred)
- Must have knowledge of basic media software i.e. PowerPoint