BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY: Serve as the senior pastor, prepare and lead Sunday morning worship services and administer weekly communion and teach Adult Bible Study. Prepare and lead worship services during Advent, Lent, and as needed and able including Christmas Eve services.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Regularly pray for the congregation and its ministry.
2. Teach first communion classes and confirmation as needed and able.
3. Visit the sick in homes and hospitals, visiting parishioners and prospective members.
4. Counseling as needed.
5. Participate in committee and council meetings.
6. Perform baptisms, marriages, funerals and other miscellaneous services.
DESIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Strong Christian walk demonstrated by regular worship, Bible study and fellowship.
2. Strong communication skills with groups and one-on-one contact through phone calling and personal meetings.
3. Out going personality that produces sermons that encourage, motivates, and excites members to engage in serving Christ and being involved with helping our community.