Hosanna! is a large, vibrant member of the Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC). While we have already accomplished much in our first 35 years, we have a forward-looking mentality and firmly believe the best is yet to come. We are committed to helping people connect with Christ and one another and those in need. We are known in the community as a caring church making a difference for many, and we do this with a joyful, serving spirit.
PURPOSE: The Associate Pastor will provide leadership to and supervision of those involved in these ministries working in cooperative partnership with other staff, leaders, and ministry teams, following the vision of the Senior Pastor.
REPORTS TO: Hosanna!’s Head of Staff, the Senior Pastor
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, administer, and engage members and non-members alike in adult discipleship.
- Develop, administer, and engage members and non-members alike in invitational evangelism and help new members integrate into the life of the church.
- Develop ways for Hosanna! to better reach and engage Millenials and Generation Z.
- Assist in worship and preaching the Word of God (sermon series are used).
- Assist with caring ministries.
- Be available to conduct baptisms, weddings, and funerals, providing appropriate preparation and support.
- Attend staff meetings, retreats, and other leadership activities as requested.
- Continue to develop ministry skills and strengthen personal faith through continuing education and spiritual days.
- Represent the church by serving the LCMC and community organizations per need and/or time.
- Establish ministry and personal goals and objectives by prioritizing time and energy, being a good steward of the church’s resources, and evaluating progress regularly.
- Serve as one, joyful, and hopeful with other leaders in the life of the church.
- As with every Hosanna! staff member, cooperate by performing any other duties when asked to do so, “whatever it takes” to accomplish God’s plans.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE: Hosanna! is blessed to be able to offer an attractive compensation package which is dependent on experience and includes annual vacation, continuing education, and a generous sabbatical policy.
If you or someone you know might be interested in exploring this exciting ministry opportunity, please visit HosannaChurch.com and contact Pastor John Nelson by email at PastorJohn@HosannaChurch.com or by phone at 630.584.6434, ext. 106.