Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Listed below are some of the most frequently asked questions that we receive regarding the Annual Gathering each year.
- Will video from the gathering be available online?
- Yes, once again, we will be streaming the Annual Gathering live at www.lcmc.net/live. Videos of the speakers will be added to our video gallery and our mobile app after the new year. If you'd like to be directly notified when videos have been posted, be sure to download our app and sign up to receive notifications. [Here's How]
- Will you be accepting photos for the book again this year?
- Yes, we are once again accepting photo submissions for the Annual Gathering Book. To submit a photo, click here. The deadline is July 15th.
- What should I bring?
- While the temperature of a convention space is carefully maintained by the staff of any venue, the same temperature may not be comfortable to everybody. For this reason, we suggest dressing in layers for this event. Comfortable shoes are also highly recommended. You may also want to consider bringing a few pens or pencils for taking notes. Business cards are also helpful for exchanging contact information.
- When will more information be available?
- We post updated information on the Annual Gathering to our our website, blog, Facebook and Twitter on a regular basis. If you are unable to find what you are looking for now, please check back at a later date, as new details will be posted as soon as they become available. If you'd like to be directly notified of any news regarding this event, download our app and opt-in to receive Annual Gathering notifications. [Here's How]
- Where can I find transportation and parking information?
- For parking and transportation information, click here.
- Will Wi-Fi be available?
- Do I have to register in advance?
- We highly encourage all who plan to attend the Annual Gathering to register for the event as early as possible. Those who register by August 15 will be guaranteed the lowest rate for registration fees. Early registration by as many people as possible will also allow us to make the best possible accommodations for our visitors.
- Why do you want to know which breakout sessions I plan on attending?
- You may have noticed that there is an area on your registration form to indicate which breakout sessions you plan on attending. Providing our staff this information will allow the sessions that have the most interest to be scheduled inside rooms that will accommodate the largest number of people, so please be sure to fill out this section of the form to help ensure the best possible experience for all.
- What are each of the breakout sessions about?
- Complete descriptions of the breakouts for each session will be posted here. Descriptions for the sessions are posted to our website as soon as they become available to us, so if you are unable to find what you are looking for, please check back at a later date.
- What is a Voting Delegate?
- A voting delegate is an authorized representative of any congregation that is eligible to vote during the business session of the Annual Gathering. There is a limit of 2 per congregation unless average weekly attendance exceeds 500 people. One additional delegate is allowed for every additional 250 in weekly attendance. If you are not sure whether you will serve as a delegate for your congregation, please contact your pastor before registering.
- What is the Fellowship Dinner?
- The Fellowship Dinner, held Monday evenin, offers an opportunity to meet other people in LCMC and/or reunite with old friends over dinner. Participants also have the option to get connected with a fellowship group, sit with other people in their district, or just enjoy dinner with a general group of people. (District meetings will take place on Monday night after the fellowship dinner.) Tickets for this optional activity are $30 per person. For more information on districts and groups, click here.
- Can my special needs or food allergies be accommodated?
- LCMC wishes to make the Annual Gathering accessible to all. If you have any special needs, such as disabilities or food allergies, please let us know in advance by indicating so on your advance registration form. With prior knowledge, we will make every effort possible to accommodate reasonable requests.
- Will there be a shuttle service?
- Our hotel has an airport shuttle. For more info on parking and transportation, click here.
- Who should I contact for questions about my hotel?
- General hotel amenities and transportation info is listed on our Hotel & Area Information page as well as on the hotel website. If you have any specific questions regarding your hotel, please contact the hotel directly.