Family Shield Ministries is a 501(c)3 non-profit Christian organization founded in 1994. It grew out of Kay Meyer’s work as a volunteer in evangelism and education at Ascension Lutheran Church in St. Louis from 1981-1994. The name is based on Eph. 6:16 that says, “Take up the shield of faith.”
The mission: to reach and equip people, through the power of the Gospel, to know Christ, grow in His Word; and to strengthen individuals and their families.
- Clearly articulating the Gospel that those who do not know Christ might come to faith;
- Equipping Christians to apply faith to life situations, grow in the knowledge of God’s Word, and use their gifts to serve and witness in the home, church, and community;
- Connecting people to resources;
- Developing partnership and collaborations; and
- Helping individuals and their families implement the six traits that build strong, healthy families.
Programs and Services
The educational/evangelism ministries and services include: the weekly Family Shield radio program heard on 51 radio stations in over 25 states; educational programs on family life and learning to witness; the counter-cult ministry that equips family members, friends, and Christians to deal with and witness to Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons; and promoting and producing Christ-centered resources.
The programs share the law and Gospel, proclaim Jesus Christ as the only means of salvation and that we are saved by faith alone (Eph. 2:8,9), and equip people to know Christ and grow in His Word.
To learn more go to www.familyshieldministries.com or facebook.com/FamilyShieldMinistries.
Family Shield archive page with past radio programs is available at www.kngn.org. Program categories include: General Witnessing, Witnessing to Cults, Spiritual Growth, Family Ministry and Recent Programs.
You can also sign up to receive the e-mail newsletter that shares upcoming radio guests and topics, special events, and articles.
You can also contact Kay Meyer, the founder, president, and host of the Family Shield radio program at email@example.com or call (314) 772-6070.
Letter of RecommendationDownload PDF
List of Educational ProgramsDownload PDF
Click Here For Content Archives