Christ (LOC) Lutheran Church, in Chandler, Arizona.
There is no cost except for your lodging (even that is free if you stay with an LOC family)
What will not happen:
- Any focus on growing your church. First off, it's God's Church. Second, God wants to simply grow our hearts. He will take care of the size of His congregation.
- Giving you a program. The process is what matters. A friend of mine was asked what program they use in their church. He simply said, "The pray-without-ceasing program." The Lord will work out the specifics in your context. How can we possibly know what He wants to do in His church that you're serving?
- Anger and excuses. What will happen instead is laughter, encouragement, hope, joy and a lot of power!!
- Pressure. Since we're not selling anything, asking for anything, or glorifying ourselves.
I would like to invite you to visit us in Chandler, Arizona. I have no interest in speaking at a conference, as I feel the teacher/student relationship when it comes to the Holy Spirit is not particularly helpful. We are all learners. Part of my problem was/is the pride that says I'm a teacher. I'm not. You might learn something from me, but I guarantee you I will learn something from you. I know the Lord will meet us where we are and encourage us all to take the next step with Him, no matter our context.
What will we do?
- Talk about the goodness of God and how blessed we are to have been chosen to serve as pastors in His church.
- Hear stories from leaders who needed the pastor to believe God would use them, encourage them in ministry, and mostly get out of their (and the Lord's) way!
- Discuss the question: "What does it mean to be a disciple of Jesus Christ?" As the Holy Spirit unpacks that for us, and challenges us to take the next step in discipleship, the Spirit will also give us the wisdom and peace to know that our example is the most important lesson we will ever teach our congregation about discipleship.
- Discuss how to develop unique ministry partnerships in our own communities as we learn how those partnerships were nurtured and developed at Light of Christ.
- Have time growing in our personal walk with the Father, as we give Him back His church.
- Meet some really neat people!
Where the Spirit is, there is freedom. My primary problem was that I was trained to be the micromanager of a church. The fact is, God will do the micromanaging! Its His Church anyway. What I needed to accept was the freedom Jesus died to give me. If you would like to learn this, or perhaps relearn it, this might be the week for you.
Tentative Schedule: Tuesday morning through Sunday afternoon.
God has completely transformed my life and the ministry at Light of Christ. He gets all the glory. How did all of this happen? It started with coming to the end of myself. I was completely burned out and ready to leave the ordained ministry 12 years ago. I was deep in self-pity, exhaustion, self-hatred and despair. At my darkest moment the Lord simply whispered to my heart, "Moe, will you give me back my church?" That was the beginning.
And now, 12 years later? Unbelievable transformation!
Every week I have the privilege of talking with young people who have unexpected pregnancies, encouraging them with God's love and strength. I get to celebrate the goodness of God with the most incredible people you will ever meet ... and they happen to live in a nursing home! We sing songs, praise God, laugh and love each Thursday morning! I have the wonder of getting to meet with 3 different men's bible study groups ... without having to prepare a thing! The Lord has given me more time to spend with my family than ever before. I am watching God completely transform this congregation into disciples who serve. We just had an 80+ year old woman out of the Jewish faith accept Jesus into her heart two months ago ... and she now has the youngest spirit in the Church!! We have the most low-maintenance group of leaders you could ever hope to have. God takes care of most conflict before I know its happening. I have only two meetings a month: church board and staff. We have more ministry partnerships than I ever imagined could be. And all of this without us even having a building!
Are you at the end of yourself? If so, the Lord is ready to bring you into a brand new life of joy, service, love and faith. I believe He is ready to give you an entirely new vision (or at least a vision I had never seen before) of what pastoral ministry can look like. Instead of thinking about it, or even talking about it, please come and experience what it looks like in our setting!
As pastors we struggle with many of the same things. We will encourage each other, as the Father desires. We will spend a lot of time just being brothers and sisters in Christ. We will pray for the Father to set us free from what we think people want us to be, so that we can rest in who He has created us to be! We will ask God to remove our plans for our ministries, and gently reveal to us His plans for His ministries.
I would love to have a group of 4-5 pastors come at a time so we can learn from each other. God will speak through each of us to each of us! We have never done anything like this before, but God has put it on my heart that we need to help, encourage, and love one another. There is no charge except getting yourself here. Why would there be? Freely we have received, freely we give.
Please call me at 480-899-1400 if you are interested in being part of the first group. Once we have 4-5 who are interested we'll put the calendar together.
Thank you and may God richly bless you with His power, peace, love, joy and hope. You are beautiful to Him. Don't quit. Don't give up. He is refining you, which is never fun. But if we will stay faithful and open to the Spirit's leading, just like the first disciples, the Lord will grow in us more faith, hope, love, gentleness, power and self-control than we can imagine.
Your brother on the Journey,
Light of Christ, Chandler
Click Here For Content Archives