About Churches Connect
Churches Connect is an online database which allows LCMC congregations to connect with one another for the purpose of asking questions, giving advice, sharing resources and collaborating on projects with one another. Here's how it works:
- The leader/pastor/member of a congregation signs up for Churches Connect by following the steps below.
- Some basic demographic and congregational information is entered into an online profile. Some congregations will be listing the strengths they think might help other congregations; some congregations will be looking for resources for an area of ministry they want to develop.
- The database will match congregations who are looking for help or resources with other congregations that can offer experience and resources for that same area of ministry.
How to Sign Up:
- If you haven't done so already, click here to sign up for a myLCMC account.
- Login to your your account. (FAQs)
- On your myAccount page, click on the "Edit Profile" button just below your name and email address.
- Scroll down to the "My Congregation" section. Begin typing the name of your congregation into the "Congregation Search" field.
- Select your congregation, then click the "Save" button.
- Go back to your myAccount page. Next to the "My Staff Openings" and "My Item Listings" tabs, you will now see a third tab called "My Congregation". Click on the "My Congregation" tab.
- Click on the "Ask Your Church to Join CHURCHES CONNECT" button. An email will be sent to the email address that is listed for your congregation in the LCMC Directory. The email will contain a link that your church administrator can click on to create a congregational profile for CHURCHES CONNECT.
- Once a CHURCHES CONNECT profile has been created for your congregation, you will be able to access the database. There are two ways to find it:
How to Request Admin Status:
As an admin for your congregation, you will gain the ability to edit your congregation's CHURCHES CONNECT profile, as well as its information as it appears in the LCMC Directory. Your request must be approved by your church administrator before you will receive admin status. Your congregation may have as many admins as it chooses. (Congregations may also request admins to be removed by Contacting Us.)
- Login to your myLCMC account.
- Click on the "My Congregation" tab.
- Click on the "Request Admin Status" button. An email will be sent to the that is listed for your congregation in the LCMC Directory. The email will contain a link that your church administrator can click on to approve you as an admin for the congregation. (Any number of people can be approved a admins for your congregation.)
- Once your request has been approved by your church administrator, you will receive an email letting you know that your request has been approved. You will also gain the ability to edit or update your congregation's CHURCHES CONNECT profile, as well as your Congregational Profile in the LCMC DIrectory.
How to Update Your CHURCHES CONNECT and Congregational Profiles:
- Login to your myLCMC account.
- On your myAccount page, click on the "My Congregation" tab.
- To update your CHURCHES CONNECT profile, click on the "Update CHURCHES CONNECT Congregation Profile" button.
- To update your congregation's information in the LCMC Directory, click on the "Update Congregation Info and Statistics" button.
NOTE: You may also update your Congregation Profile, Clergy Profile or District Profile at any time by clicking here.