Conflict is a normal part of our everyday lives. We experience conflict in our relationships at home, places of work, community, and yes, even in our churches. As many as 40% of our congregations will experience conflict to the point of disrupting mission!
During the past year, Perry Fruhling, Coordinator for Pastoral Ministry for LCMC, has been conducting Conflict Resolution Workshops around the country. The desire now is to take this training to the next level as we train coaches for various regions of the country.
There will be a Conflict Coaches training event held online Monday through Wednesday, January 10-12, 2022 from 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. CST.
The event will include training on the following:
- Basic information about anxiety in congregations – learning to identify the source of anxiety and management of it
- The process of conflict resolution – with hands on exercises
- Family Systems and congregational conflict
- Protocol for listening and discernment in congregational conflict
- Assessment and working with leadership on a plan for conflict resolution
- Reconciliation, restoration and healing in the congregation
- Referral and steps for long-term care
Registration is free and this LCMC event is open to LCMC pastors and lay leaders. Attendance at one of the Conflict Resolution Workshops or having other background in conflict resolution would be beneficial, but is not required.
If you are interested in attending, please contact Perry Fruhling at email@example.com to register and for additional information.Log in to add a comment
Click Here For Content Archives