LCMC Associate Membership Form
LCMC Associate Membership Form
This form is for individuals who are interested in joining Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ as associate members, rather than "as a congregation".
Please complete the application form after carefully reviewing the statements listed below.
Please note that all fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required. You will not be able to successfully submit your application if any of these fields are left blank.
Typing your name in the box labeled "signature" signifies that you have read and agree to the statements below.
Once you have reviewed the statements below, double check to make sure all of your information is correct, and click the "Submit Application" button at the bottom of the page.
Alternatively, a printable version of our Associate Membership Application Form is available by clicking here.
- We believe, teach, and confess the Triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe, teach and confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and the gospel as the power of God for the salvation of all who believe in him.
- Jesus Christ is the Word of God incarnate, through whom everything was made and through whose life, death and resurrection God fashions a new creation.
- The proclamation of God's message to us as both law and gospel is the Word of God, revealing judgment and mercy in the person of Jesus Christ, through whom God was pleased to reconcile all things to himself. o The canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God. Inspired by God's Spirit speaking through their authors, they record and announce God's revelation centering in Jesus Christ. Through them, God's spirit speaks to us to create and sustain Christian faith and fellowship for service in the world.
- We believe, teach and accept the canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the inspired Word of God, and the sole authoritative source and norm of our proclamation, faith and fellowship.
- We accept the Apostles', Nicene, and Athanasian Creeds as true declarations of the scriptural faith.
- We believe, teach and accept the Unaltered Augsburg Confession and the Small Catechism as true witnesses to the Word of God, normative for our teaching and practice. We acknowledge that we are one in faith, and doctrine with all churches that likewise accept the teachings of the Augsburg Confession.
- We believe, teach and confess the other confessional writings in the Book of Concord, namely, the Apology of the Augsburg Confession, the Smalcald Articles, the Treatise, the Large Catechism, and the Formula of Concord, as further valid expositions of the Holy Scriptures.
- We believe, teach and confess the gospel, recorded in the Holy Scriptures and confessed in the ecumenical creeds and Lutheran confessional writings, as the power of God to create and sustain the priesthood of all believers for God's mission in the world.
In the conviction that God has called me through the Lordship of his Son, Jesus Christ and the guidance of his Holy spirit to confess the gospel in its purity, I submit this application to join Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ and subscribe to the Statement of Faith, the Statement of Purpose, and other provisions of the constitution of Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ.
This subscription shall be subject to acceptance by the LCMC Board of Trustees.