LCMC Annual Gathering
LCMC Annual Gathering
Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ’s Annual Gathering is a four-day event featuring keynote speakers, worship and Bible study, breakout sessions, vendors and plenty of opportunities for fellowship and networking. Whether you’re new to LCMC, just checking us out for the first time, or a long-time member looking to make new friends and reunite with old ones, the Annual Gathering is the place to be if you're looking to get inspired, get informed, get trained & equipped and get connected with other LCMC-ers!
Next Annual Gathering:
LCMC 23rd Annual Gathering & Convention
October 1-4, 2023 | Saint Charles Convention Center | St. Charles, MO
Prepare for a gathering like never before
as LCMC 3.0 takes us into new waters...
We’re about to set forth on a new adventure, and we would love for you to come along!
It’s no secret that we’ve grown quite a bit since we held our first Annual Gathering & Convention in 2001, but with that growth comes many new challenges, questions, and opportunities. Consequently, it is time for us to join together and intentionally take a look at who we are and where we need to go from here. Our nickname for this new season of doing life and ministry together? LCMC 3.0.
As an association of congregations, LCMC is focused on four main principles:
- We’re free in Christ
- We’re accountable to one another
- We’re rooted in the scriptures and in the Lutheran Confessions
- We’re all working together to fulfill Christ’s Great Commission to go and make disciples of all nations
Working together is essential if we’re going to keep moving forward. Every congregation, leader, and member of our association is important and has something to offer in order to fulfill the call that God has given us. That’s why we chose “All Hands on Deck” as the theme of our 23rd Annual Gathering & Convention.
If there’s one thing we know about ships, it’s that they are not made for the harbor. In order for us to be able to take on the challenge of navigating new waters, we need a strong and functioning crew. That’s where YOU come in!
We hope you will consider joining us October 1-4, 2023 at the Saint Charles Convention Center in St. Charles, MO for our upcoming Annual Gathering & Convention. You’ll have a chance to connect with other people in LCMC, explore what God is doing in us and through us as we enter this new season of LCMC 3.0, and weigh in on some ways in which we can all work together to make that happen!
Our next Annual Gathering & Convention is right around the corner and registration is now open! If you plan on joining us this year, there are a few steps you can take to get ready now:
- Register online, or download and complete the mail-in registration form and snail mail it to the LCMC office along with your payment. We recommend registering by August 15 to get the discounted admission rate, and to help our staff to plan ahead so we can provide the best possible experience for all who attend.
- Once you have registered for the event, we suggest booking your accommodations to secure your spot at your preferred hotel. The hotels listed on our website are located near the convention center and are offering a favorable discount to those who are a part of our group.
We look forward to seeing you there!
- SPEAKERS: Hear from our 2023 keynote speakers, plus join together with other people from LCMC for worship services and Bible study.
- FOCUS GROUPS: A new feature this year is the offering of focus groups. We are facing certain challenges that in God’s hands can become opportunities as He launches us out into LCMC 3.0. We want to hear your feedback and receive your questions as we seek to hear and discern the Lord’s leading into this season of life and ministry together.
- BREAKOUT SESSIONS: Explore a topic of your interest during two breakout sessions on Tuesday afternoon.
- FELLOWSHIP DINNER: The fellowship dinner on Monday evening is a great opportunity to enjoy dinner and get acquainted with other people in LCMC. Tickets for this optional activity are $35 per person and can be purchased at the time of registration by checking off the appropriate box on your registration form.
- DISTRICT MEETINGS: LCMC offers many different districts and fellowships that provide support and networking opportunities to pastors and congregations in the association. Meetings for those who would like to get connected with a district or group will take place on Monday eventing after the fellowship dinner. To learn more about the available districts and fellowships in LCMC, go to www.lcmc.net/districts-fellowships.
- RECOGNITIONS: Join us Tuesday afternoon as we welcome new congregations, cheer on our ministry leaders, church planters, and seminary students, and recognize those who are celebrating significant anniversaries of ordination.
- EXHIBITORS: Dozens of mission and ministry organizations will be on site. Be sure to stop by and check out their displays.
- LEARN MORE ABOUT LCMC: The LCMC Board of Trustees is offering a “Board Talk” breakout session on Tuesday afternoon. This will serve as an opportunity for participants to learn more about the work the boards are doing as well as a chance to ask any questions about LCMC you may have.
More detailed information on how to access the livestream will be available on this page in October. Please note that all times listed on the event schedule are in local time for St. Charles, MO and plan accordingly.
After the event has ended, we plan to make videos available for streaming on our media page and in the LCMC app. If you would like to be notified when the edited videos have been added, please subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter by clicking here.
News & Announcements
NEWSLETTER: For monthly updates on upcoming events and the latest happenings within LCMC, including announcements related to this event, subscribe to our e-newsletter.
MOBILE APP: If you'd like to be notified when new information becomes available for future Annual Gatherings, please download our mobile app and subscribe to Annual Gathering push notifications in the app settings [here's how].