LCMC Annual Gathering
Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ’s Annual Gathering is a four-day event featuring keynote speakers, worship and Bible study, breakout sessions, vendors and plenty of opportunities for fellowship and networking. Whether you’re new to LCMC, just checking us out for the first time, or a long-time member looking to make new friends and reunite with old ones, the Annual Gathering is the place to be if you're looking to get inspired, get informed, get trained & equipped and get connected with other LCMC-ers!
Next Annual Gathering:
LCMC 19th Annual Gathering and Convention
September 29 - October 2, 2019 | CHI Health Center Omaha | 455 North 10th Street | Omaha NE 68102
Speakers: Greg Finke and Grace Johnson will take the stage as our keynote speakers this year to help us better understand how we can “Listen Up!” to God’s calling on our lives, his calling on the people around us, and the callings and challenges that face us across generations. OUR SPEAKERS >>
Breakout Sessions: Explore a topic of your interest during one of three different breakout sessions. BREAKOUT SESSION LIST >>
LCMC Updates: Find out what we have been up to over the past year as an association, what we hope to accomplish in the future, help us to recognize those who are serving withing LCMC, plus meet the current board and staff members of LCMC. SCHEDULE >>
The Annual Gathering is LCMC's largest event of the year and serves as an opportunity to get connected and enjoy some intentional fellowship time with other people from hundreds of LCMC congregations.
- Church Planters and Seminarians: Meet-ups for church planters and seminarians will take place on Sunday night during the dessert fellowship at 8:15 P.M. Reserved seating will be available for both groups. A retreat for church planters will also take place on Tuesday from 3:30 to 7:30 P.M. and Wednesday from 8:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. For additional details, click here.
- Fellowship Dinner: Connect with a fellowship group, or just join a general group of people for dinner on Monday evening at 6:00 P.M. Reserved seating will be available for the groups listed on your registration form, so if you are interested in connecting with a particular group, let us know and we’ll save you a seat! This is a ticketed event that has sold out in past years, so if you would like to attend, we recommend doing so by opting-in by checking the appropriate box on your registration form.
- Young Adults / 20-30 Somethings: Reserved seating will be available for this group during the Fellowship Dinner on Monday evening. If you are interested in attending, please let us know by checking off the appropriate box on your registraiton form.
- District Meetings: Many of our districts will also be meeting on Monday evening after the fellowship dinner to get to know each other, think about what districts might be interested in doing together, and offering support and encouragement to congregations. If you are interested in being a part of that meeting, there will be information at the gathering about when and where each district meeting will take place. Be sure to download our mobile app if you would like the ability to access a list of meeting locations from your smartphone.
The Annual Gathering also serves as an opportunity to NETWORK with other congregations, ministries, and mission organizations.
- Networking Time: An intentional time for networking has been set aside in our schedule on Tuesday morning at 11:30 A.M.
- Meet and Greet: We will be hosting a “Meet and Greet” breakout session to help connect congregations who are seeking a pastor with pastors who are seeking a call on Monday afternoon.
- Vendor Area: Dozens of exhibitors from various mission and ministry organizations will be on site.
Photo Contest: How has your congregation "listened up" to the needs of others and made a difference over the past year? Has your congregation been "in mission for christ" and making a difference on a local, national, or international level over the past year? Enter our photo contest and share your story! The deadline to submit photos is July 15th. SUBMIT A PHOTO >>
News & Announcements
On site notifications are available for this event. Opting-in for on site notifications will allow you to receive any announcements or updates that are made during the event, such as meeting room assignments and service project information. You will only receive these types of messages for the duration of the event. To sign up, please download our moble app and select the "On Site Notifications" option in your app settings.
If you'd like to be notified when new information becomes available for future Annual Gatherings, please download our moble app and subscribe to Annual Gathering push notifications in the app settings [here's how]. You can also read blog articles about the Annual Gathering here.