New Life Lutheran is an inter-generational LCMC Lutheran Church in the northwest corner of Illinois. Having been around for less than ten years, we have a state-of-the-art, beautiful campus, but though this is all eye-catching, this is not where our focus is. Our true focus is on growth, from spiritual to numerical. Our mission is to develop reproducing disciples of Christ, and because of this mission, our vision is to see members who are passionately living Christ’s mission to seek and save the lost. We gear everything with this mission and vision in mind to join in Christ's Great Commission. As part of this mission, when we built the church building, we also purchased a number of acres of farmland surrounding our church to allow expansion for our campus when God worked within our body. We are hoping that each member and each staff member would embrace our mission and vision and help us impact our community with Christ's story. If this mission and vision has already resonated with you, send in a cover letter and resume to partner with us in what God is doing in our community.
Job Description: Discipleship Pastor
The Discipleship Pastor will enhance New Life’s mission and vision by implementing strategies that will intentionally allow for individuals to grow and serve at New Life.
Primarily, the job of the Discipleship Pastor is to connect individuals to New Life in a significant way. This includes:
- Helping to develop vision and implement this vision for our weekend services.
- Spearheading the development of our Life Groups.
- Inspiring members to get involved in a Life Group within New Life.
- Developing leaders for our Life Groups and encouraging them on their journey.
- Implementing and training our congregation in the use of RightNow Media.
- Offering magnetic adult Sunday school options.
- Teaching within the Journey Classes.
- Encouraging current ministry leaders and equipping future ministry leaders.
- Working with our Vision Team to discern and implement God’s vision for the congregation.
- Providing counseling for members of the congregation, as needed.
- Sharing the responsibilities of baptism, weddings, funerals, and home visits with the pastoral staff.
- Serving as the Promotional Strategist for the yearly Global Leadership Summit.
- All other duties as skills and vision lend themselves.
- All other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor
The Discipleship Pastor is measured on the depth of people’s involvement within New Life in a significant way through Life Groups and ministry opportunities.
- An increase in Life Group participation each year.
- An increase in ministry participation each year.