Our purpose is to glorify God by worshipping, witnessing, teaching, loving and serving our Lord Jesus Christ.
On July 1st, the congregation of Hope Lutheran Church will say goodbye to our pastor of almost 25 years. Although we are sad to see him and his wife leave our congregation, we are happy and hopeful for them as they start the next chapter of their life in retirement.
We are looking for an Intentional Interim Pastor to be with us during a period of transition until we call a new Pastor.
We recently celebrated our 75th Anniversary as a congregation and the 100th Anniversary of our Church building. Our average Sunday worship attendance is 150. We currently have 2 worship services each Sunday with Sunday School in between the services. Our worship services are broadcast live on the local FM radio station and 2 local cable television stations.
Our current staff includes an Office Manager, Custodian, and part-time Youth Director. We have a Worship Team, a Choir Director, a couple of Organist/Pianists, a Media Room Director and a Volunteer that does home visits for shut-ins. Our Council and Boards are active in the Administration and daily life of the church.
We have many opportunities during the year for young and old alike:
- A Friday School/Release Time program that serves Elementary through 9th grade students for one hour every Friday during the school year. The attendance includes a number of students who are not members of our congregation or are not “churched” at all. This time is used for Confirmation classes for our 7th – 9th graders.
- An active youth group for 7th – 12th grade
- Family Activities at least quarterly
- Women of Hope
- Bible Studies for youth and adults
- Kid’s Time for 3rd – 6th graders
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes meets in our Fellowship Hall once a week during the school year, open to all youth in the community
- Annual Spaghetti and Meatball Suppers
During the period of transition, we are looking for an Intentional Interim Pastor to serve in all aspects of our Congregational life – preaching, teaching, leading worship, administering sacraments, presiding over weddings, funerals and baptisms, as needed.
We are accepting resumes for this position until April 15th. The position will begin sometime in July or August. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Contact: Joan Dufault cell: 218-230-4176 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Solsten email: email@example.com