Director of Youth & Family Ministry • Job Description
Please send resumes to Faith Lutheran Church – 303 18th St. SE Little Falls, MN 56345
FAITH LUTHERAN CHURCH
The Director of Youth & Family Ministry leads a ministry of discipleship to the youth and families of Faith Lutheran and the surrounding area that fosters faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and equips youth to be in ministry to other youth.
We would welcome those applicants who are considering ordained ministry.
· A personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord as well as a strong desire to serve within the church;
· A sense of calling to youth ministry;
· Ability to develop a good rapport with youth and young adults;
· Possess good communication skills, verbal and written;
· Possess strong leadership, organizational and motivational skills;
· Competence in basic lay counseling and listening skills appropriate for youth ministry;
· Willingness to work cooperatively with others in planning and leading programs and activities related to youth ministries;
· The ability to protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality. Discretion must be exercised
when dealing with the public, youth and their parents, and the church’s leaders and members;
· Regular attendance and participation in worship and Sunday School hour at Faith Lutheran is expected;
· Associate or bachelor’s degree with work in Christian Education and/or Youth Ministry, or comparable experience
Preference for someone with musical abilities who can play guitar and/or piano.
In addition this position requires:
· Satisfactory Background Check.
Applicants are requested to provide a resume with three (3) references.
Resume or questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 320 414-0533