Position: Lead Pastor
Trinity Lutheran Church
Columbus, Nebraska, United States
- Address: 2200 25th St, Columbus, Nebraska 68601
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: K. C. Belitz
- Phone: 402.270.9119
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Pastoral Ministry
- Sub-Category: Senior Pastor
- Position Title: Lead Pastor
- Position Type: Full Time
Lead Pastor - Summary of Responsibilities*
Trinity Lutheran Church, Columbus, Nebraska
The Lead Pastor has overall responsibility for the worship life, faith formation, discipleship growth, and ministries and mission of the congregation.
- As Visionary Faith Leader, the Lead Pastor is responsible to seek God’s wisdom and vision for the life and work of God’s people at Trinity, leading and teaching them to give of themselves and their resources to bring Christ and His kingdom to the people of our surrounding community, in the Columbus region, across our nation and to the world.
The Lead Pastor works to ensure that everything we do is intensively supported with prayer.
- As Worship Leader, the Lead Pastor directs and coordinates with staff members and others, to provide God-honoring, heart-reaching worship services, preaches God’s Word with regularity, conveys a biblical theology of worship, and works to build community life around worship.
The Lead Pastor additionally has “up front visibility” in other worship roles. The Lead Pastor also encourages and promotes worship vitality in the hearts and lives of people.
- As Care Giver, the Lead Pastor has primary responsibility for the Care Ministries of Trinity, and has oversight of all who are engaged in Care Ministry.
- As Teacher, the Lead Pastor shares teaching responsibilities with Trinity’s Associate Pastors, and other leaders, so that those engaged in learning are building a foundation of biblical truth by which to live, and upon which they can rest their faith.
- As Administrator, the Lead Pastor sees to the overall efficiency, direction and well-being of the Church Staff, other leaders and workers. Supervisory responsibility is decentralized, with the Lead Pastor, at present, directly supervising only four people.
* To receive a copy of the detailed job description, contact the Trinity Church Office at 402-564-8547, or email@example.com.
Trinity Lutheran Church Profile (Updated: Jan. 5, 2018)
Saturday 5:30 pm – Contemporary Worship
Sunday 8:30 am – Traditional/Liturgical Worship
10:30 am -- Blended Worship (a relaxed style with some traditional worship elements)
Sunday, 9:30 am – Children, Youth, and Adult Education
Wednesday, 6:30 pm – Children, Marriage/Parenting Classes and Confirmation Ministries
Prayer / Intercessor Ministries
Mens' Study / Discipling Groups
Women in the Word Groups
Traditional Womens' Circles
Wired 12:2 (Junior High Youth Ministry)
Student Impact and Going Deep (High School Youth Ministry)
Breakout (Wednesday Children Faith Formation/Growth)
Congregation Council Contacts:
President: Wayne Zysset – firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Randy Schaefer – email@example.com
Secretary: Mike Kruse - Mike_Kruse@cargil.com
Call Committee Co-chairpersons:
K. C. Belitz
Trinity Lutheran Church Identity:
Prior to the 1988 merger which formed the ELCA, Trinity had been a member congregation of the Lutheran Church in America. The congregation joined LCMC in 2002, one year after LCMC was first organized, and was dual-rostered in the ELCA and LCMC until voting overwhelmingly to leave the ELCA in 2005.
Trinity is Lutheran in doctrinal teaching. We are rooted in the foundation of The Scriptures, the Lutheran Confessions, Word and Sacrament, and evangelical in our vision and our understood mission. We value the contributions of other Christians and their congregations to the work of Christ in our community, and are often willing to engage in cooperative ventures with them for God's kingdom.
A Long-range Planning Team at Trinity recently identified Missions, Worship and Music, and Student Ministry/Childrens' Ministry as Trinity's "Vangaard Ministries", meaning these ministry areas are not more important than others, but are what Trinity is perhaps most known for. Trinity has a very active Missions Board, established in 2006. Under their coordination we have supported missionaries and missions agencies all over the world with monthly financial support and, from time to time, with short-term missions workers.
Pastor Tim White has begun casting a vision of believers at Trinity "Living a Missional Life", and Trinity becoming a "Missionally- Focused Church". A recently approved Ministry Plan for 2016-17 seeks to strengthen Trinity's connections in the Columbus community, and expands ministries to hurting people.
Trinity Lutheran Church celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2003. The congregation doubled in size from the mid-1960s into the early '80s. The present church building was dedicated in 1962, and a major addition with offices, a youth room and a multi-purpose meeting room was added in 1983.
The church building houses Trinity's own radio station, KTLX, which has broadcast Christian programming since 1972.
A major expansion of Trinity's Media Ministry and significant development of Broadcast Ministry have been ongoing since the mid-'90s.
Classroom renovations/remodeling occurred over the past 12 years.
A modern Nursery and a peaceful Prayer Room resulted from renovations done in 2013.
In 2015 Trinity completely renovated the Chancel to better accommodate modern worship forms, dramatic productions and worship dramas, and to allow more flexibility for special programs or concerts.
Community involvement currently includes:
Packing meals for Mercy Meals
The Columbus Rescue Mission
Columbus Area Youth for Christ
CRU (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ) Central Community College
The Platte County Food Pantry
The Columbus Chapter of Habitat for Humanity
The Columbus Chamber of Commerce
“Adopting” Columbus Middle School
Assistance to clients of The Center for Survivors
Annual Angel Tree Christmas Distribution
Projected Ministry Staff:
Lead Pastor, Two Associate Pastors, Parish Ministry Assistant, Director of Music and Fine Arts, Music Group Directors, Director of Children’s Ministry, Director of Student Ministries, Nursery Coordinator, Nursery Assistant Coordinator, Two Media Team Captains.
Trinity has entered a transitional period that will continue to unfold over the next two to four years, as two current pastors, and the Director of Music and Fine Arts have projected their retirements, and some other paid staff may possibly depart within the same timeframe. The congregation has been working closely with Dr. Jim Pence of Walkalong Consulting. The Church Council has also appointed a Transitions Advisory Group to oversee the transitions process and make recommendations to the Staff and Council.
The Columbus Community:
Columbus is a town of approximately 22,000 residents, located at the confluence of the Platte and Loup Rivers in east-central Nebraska, and about 90 miles west of Omaha. Set in heavily agricultural surrounding countryside, Columbus’ economy is bolstered by a highly diverse manufacturing sector. Recreational activities abound, parks are plentiful, and community events and activities are year-round. Great schools and low crime makes Columbus an attractive setting for family life.
The call process will follow the procedures recommended by LCMC. A summary of the duties and responsibilities of the Lead Pastor will be made available on the Trinity and LCMC websites and copies will be made available upon request.
Call Committee C0-chairpersons: Dan Mickey, K.C. Belitz
Trinity Website: www.trinityalive.org