Position: Director of Student Ministry and Worship Leader
St. Marks Lutheran Church
Marion, Iowa, United States
Director of Student Ministry and Worship Leader
- Address: 8300 C Ave NE, Marion, Iowa 52302
- Affiliation: LCMC
- Contact: Bob Sutton
- Phone: 713.300.9665
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Click Here
- Category: Worship Ministry
- Sub-Category: Contemporary Worship
- Position Title: Director of Student Ministry and Worship Leader
- Position Type: Full Time
St. Mark’s is a Lutheran congregation affiliated with Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC). Its Lutheran history and heritage date back more than 125 years to 1886, when the congregation was founded. Since its beginnings, the church’s source for all teaching has remained rooted in the Bible, the inspired Word of God. Today, St. Mark’s Lutheran Church is a relatively large congregation with approximately 2,000 partners in ministry. It is a welcoming environment that offers a closely-knit small group community, which provides authentic relational connectivity in a large church setting. It continues to be a vibrant, growing community of faith.
The position entitled Director of High School Ministries/Worship Leader will be a dual role, in which the candidate will have oversight of the high school ministry to grades 9-12, while offering leadership to the contemporary worship service called Impact, as the service’s primary worship leader on Sunday mornings.
In the role of Director of High School Ministries, the candidate will have the essential responsibilities of recruiting, training, and developing adult and student leaders who will intentionally reach and help high school students. This individual will also serve as a resource equipping parents to be the spiritual leaders of their homes, while leading each student toward spiritual maturity.
In the role of Worship Leader, the candidate will lead members and guests of St. Mark’s Lutheran Church in contemporary-style corporate worship through music. The primary goal of this role is to lead the congregation into an undeniable experience with God, inviting and teaching people to experience His presence, and fostering a heart of worship within the congregation, while effectively executing a role in worship leadership.
General competencies of the successful candidate for the position of Director of High School Ministries/Worship Leader will include the following:
- Preferably a 4-year degree from an accredited institution that has equipped the candidate for vocational ministry.
- A manager-leader with the strong ability to work in a multi-faceted environment.
- Skills in leading generationally diverse teams.
- Self-directed with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Identifying potential and developing people and their skills.
- A strong ability to communicate and implement vision of any given ministry.
- Building teams and developing future leadership.
- Skilled in written and verbal communication.
- A high sense of attention to detail.
- A strong collaborative nature.
- Practice discernment, wisdom, order, and structure in leading people.
- Personify spirit of flexibility with willingness to accept, navigate, and lead through multiple responsibilities and change.
Marion is a community in which the arts are cultivated and valued. A relaxed, active lifestyle is commonplace. Residents can enjoy quality of life amenities like an Uptown Marion Farmers Market, a thriving arts scene, three golf courses and numerous homes listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Access to the best rated schools, quality hospitals, doctors and healthcare providers is just part of what makes the community a healthy one. Marion is a part of the greater Cedar Rapids region that is filled with a diverse selection of restaurants, unique theatres, retail, nightlife hot spots and fantastic cultural experiences. A vibrant urban hometown in the heart of east central Iowa, the area is known for being one of the leading manufacturing expanses in the United States and a leading bioprocessing and food ingredient centers in North America. A thriving economy and industrial sector additionally facilitates the city's tax base, helping the region attract and retain talent. Its most recent national rankings include:
- One of Top 100 Best Places to Live (Livability, 2013)
- One of the Top Best Places to Retire (Livability, 2013)
- One of America’s Best Cities on the Rise (Smarter Travel, 2012)
- One of the Best Places for Affordable Homes (CNN Money, 202)
- One of the Best Places for Business & Careers (Forbes, 2012)