Basic Function and Responsibility:
Teach and inspire a small congregation in doing God’s Great Commission.
Lead Amazing Grace Lutheran Church in all ministries and Evangelism events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Pastor shall:
- Enlist, equip and motivate leaders to carry out the work of the church.
- Bring new members into the church.
- Aid in congregational worship by:
- Possessing and developing a positive public presence through various skills in worship (both Lutheran Book of Worship and alternative worship) in the areas of preaching, planning and conducting effective worship services and hospitality.
- Preaching at all services as agreed upon.
- Preparing and delivering sermons which proclaim the gospel effectively and are relevant and appropriate to the needs of worshipers.
- Relate Christian faith to persons both inside and outside the church. Motivate and train persons in witnessing to their faith.
- Teach and promote biblical stewardship in areas of spiritual gifts and possessions and provide input for the benevolence ministry.
- Explore worship opportunities for youth.
- Support people in the midst of significant life events, such as bereavement, sickness, birth, trauma, success, and others.
- Participate in relevant Professional Development training.
- Work as a team member to further the mission of Amazing Grace Lutheran Church, which is “Know Christ, Live Christ, Make Christ Known” aiding people to become baptized believers, equipping them to become committed disciples of Christ and inspiring them to become Christian servant-leaders in God’s church and world.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Church Council.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: To the church council.
Please include an answer to this question: What specifically will you as Pastor do to grow our church?