How has your congregation been "in Mission for Christ" over the past year? Whether you've organized a creative fundraiser to help raise money for our meal packaging project, traveled abroad on a mission trip, or put together a program to help reach out to the people in your very own community, we want to hear about it!
For the next several weeks, our staff is inviting all "LCMC-ers" to send us photos of themselves (or fellow members of their congregation) "in Mission for Christ". All photographs received by Thursday, July 31st will be considered by the LCMC Staff for possible inclusion in the design of the book that will be distributed at the Annual Gathering this October, and on our website!
From 5k races to beauty treatments to English as a Second Language programs, we've seen all kinds of interesting photos and creative ideas in the past. We are very much excited to see what is going on within the congregations of our association, and to incorporate these stories into the artwork of this year's Annual Gathering book.
Before you get started, please read through the requirements and instructions below.
What we're looking for: Photos of you (or people in your congregation) in action! For examples of photos we've used in the past, check out some of our previous books here.
What we're not looking for: Pictures of buildings, but no people.
Here are a photo guidelines, terms & conditions:
- Our staff welcomes photo submissions from now through Thursday, July 31st, with special consideration being given to photos received by Monday, June 30th. Due to early printer deadlines, any photos submitted after this date will be ineligible for consideration.
- Please do not place text or clip art on photos, as these things can be difficult to read should we need to re-size your photo.
- Because chosen images will be used in a printed publication, please send only high resolution/print quality images. Very small and/or distorted images will not print clearly.
- Acceptable file types are: JPG (preferred), GIF, TIFF and PNG. (No PDFs or Word documents, please!)
- Any photo submitted must be an original work (owned by the individual or the congregation), and not the intellectual property of another party.
- By submitting any photo(s), you agree that any images (and likeness or subject matter within) submitted may be used without compensation for the purposes described above.
- Photos must be submitted by pastors, congregation members/staff or associate members of LCMC.
- Photo content must be relevant and in accordance with who we are and what we believe.
- Each photo submission must be accompanied by your name, the name and location of your congregation, and a brief description of the photograph (see below for more info).
- Please note: Due to space, time and other constraints, we are unable to guarantee the publication of each and every photograph submitted to us.
How to Submit Photos:
Please be sure that we receive your photo entries no later than Wednesday, July 31. All photos submitted to LCMC must be accompanied by the following information:
- A brief description of the photo(s)
- Who is in the photo?
- When and where does it take place?
- What's going on in the photo?
- How has your congregation been "in Mission for Christ" over the past year?
- The name of the person submitting the photograph and/or the photographer's name
- The name of the congregation, and the city and state in which it's located.
Photo entries and all accompanying information may be submitted to us in one of the following ways:
- Online: Click here for an online form, which will allow you to upload a photo.
- Email: Attach the photos to an email and include all description information in the body of the email. Photo entries should be sent to Kristy Thomas, Communications and Public Relations Specialist for LCMC, at email@example.com.
- Flickr Users: If you have a Flickr account and would like to submit your photos by sharing an album, please email a link to the album, along with the requested information, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are submitting multiple photos this year, we highly encourage you to submit your photos using this method.
- Instagram: Photos uploaded to Instagram will be considered for submission when accompanied by the hashtags #lcmc and #2014agbook.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is a high resolution photo?
A: The easy answer is this: If the photo looks small, blurry or distorted on your computer, chances are it's not a high resolution (or print quality) photo. The technical answer is this: at least 300 dpi.
Q: How are photos chosen? What kind of photos are you looking for?
A: Photos are selected for the book based on subject matter (how closely they fit the theme), and on the quality and composition of the photo. Candid photos and action shots aren't necessary, however these are the types of photos that tend to look the best!
Q: Can I submit multiple photos?
A: Yes! You are welcome to submit as many photos as you'd like, as long as each photo is relevant to the theme. Due to the high volume of photos that we receive each year, it is highly encouraged that those who wish to submit a large number of photos do so using Flickr (details above).
Q: What if I have trouble submitting my photos?
A: This year, we've added alternative ways to submit photos to help accommodate the large volume that we receive. Here are a few tips and troubleshooting ideas:
- Online: If you are having difficulties with our online upload form, please double check to make sure that your photo is one of the file types listed above. Using only letters and/or numbers in the name of your document is also a good idea (avoid symbols such as punctuation, apostrophes, etc.).
- Email: Having trouble emailing your photos? Please double check that your email is being sent to the correct address and that your email (with attachments) does not exceed the maximum file size allowed by your email service. If your photos are too large, or if you are submitting more than one or two photos, please send them using one of the other suggested methods.
Q: Can I receive a copy of the book?
A: You bet! Printed copies of the book will be available at the Annual Gathering on a first come, first serve basis. Once the book has been published, digital copies will be available here.
Click Here For Content Archives