Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Listed below are some of the most frequently asked questions that we receive regarding the Annual Gathering each year.
- Will video from the gathering be available online?
- Yes, once again, we will be streaming the Annual Gathering live at www.lcmc.net/live. Videos of the speakers will be added to our video gallery during the winter. We'll let you know when they're available through our E-Newsletter, Blog, Facebook and Twitter, so stay tuned for updates. You can also sign up for push notifications in our mobile app to receive updates on any envent, and be directly notified when videos have been posted.
- Will you be accepting photos for the book again this year?
- Yes, we are once again accepting photo submissions for the Annual Gathering Book. More info will be available soon!
- What should I bring?
- While the temperature of a convention space is carefully maintained by the staff of any venue, the same temperature may not be comfortable to everybody. For this reason, we suggest dressing in layers for this event. Comfortable shoes are also highly recommended. You may also want to consider bringing a few pens or pencils for taking notes. Business cards are also helpful for exchanging contact information.
- When will more information be available?
- Where can I find transportation and parking information?
- Self parking is $14.00 for 24 hours; valet parking $27.00 for 24 Hours. For more information, including driving directions, and alternative transportation options, click here.
- Will Wi-Fi be available?
- Do I have to register in advance?
- We highly encourage all who plan to attend the Annual Gathering to register for the event as early as possible. Those who register by September 1 will be guaranteed the lowest rate for registration fees. Early registration by as many people as possible will also allow us to make the best possible accommodations for our visitors.
- Why do you want to know which breakout sessions I plan on attending?
- You may have noticed that there is an area on your registration form to indicate which breakout sessions you plan on attending. Please be sure to fill out this section of the form, as providing our staff with this information will allow the sessions that have the most interest to be scheduled inside rooms that will accommodate the appropriate number of people.
- What are each of the breakout sessions about?
- Complete descriptions of the breakouts for each session will be posted here. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please check back at a later date. Additional details, including full descriptions for each session, are posted to our website as soon as they become available.
- What is a Voting Delegate?
- A voting delegate is an authorized representative of any congregation that is eligible to vote. There is a limit of 2 per congregation unless average weekly attendance exceeds 500 people. One additional delegate is allowed for every additional 250 in weekly attendance.
- What is the Fellowship Dinner?
- The Fellowship Dinner, held Monday evening at 6:00 P.M., offers an opportunity to meet other people in LCMC and/or reunite with old friends over dinner. Participants also have the option to get connected with a fellowship group, sit with other people in their district, or just enjoy dinner with a general group of people. Tickets for this OPTIONAL activity are $30 per person. Click here to learn more.
- Can my special needs or food allergies be accommodated?
- LCMC wishes to make the Annual Gathering accessible to all. If you have any special needs, such as disabilities or food allergies, please let us know in advance by indicating so on your advance registration form. With prior knowledge, we will make every effort possible to accommodate reasonable requests.
- Will there be a shuttle service?
- Our hotel does not have an airport shuttle. For parking information, driving directions, and alternative transportation options including SuperShuttle and Light Rail, click here.
- Who should I contact for questions about my hotel?